Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Exceptional Photos From a Fine Dutch Toy Seller

Saturday, December 20, 2013

More Exceptional Photos
from a Fine Dutch Toy Seller

  If you're reading this earlier than the date that I meant the post to be read, do not worry. Google Blogger has no way to delay posts. I have to wait until Saturday to post. However, if I'm busy on that day, I can't do anything else- so I post earlier in the week,when I have to. This past wednesday, I introduced Mr. Frederick Pals and his Dutch ebay store historical_cars_and_toys-byfreek2012. On that post, I decided to have some fun with Photoshop and adjust the background of the toy photos. 

  Frederick uses books about antique toys for his backgrounds, which is sort of a "trademark": way of identifying his ebay listings. If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you'll already know that I like to remove backgrounds and foundations (what an item is resting on),and present the item solely against white. However,with Frederick's toys, I decided to keep the background and foundation, but remove the colour. It's not difficult to do and I do that with Photoshop.






The front view of the car illustrates how the background and foundation appear 
when the colour is removed.


With the above photo, I removed everything but the shadow.
If's amazing what you can do in Photoshop, but I don't want to overdo the effect,
otherwise the effects will overshadow the outstanding toys.





I like how the colour of the Wells truck and wagon contrast
 with the black and white of the rest of the photo. 











The SFC bus wokred well with the Photoshop photo adjustment. I think this toy is smaller than the Wells, so when Frederick framed the photo tightly to enlarge the size of the truck, the book in the back became smaller. Wide-angle lens have this effect. As such, there is a better sense of depth in this photo.









It takes a lot more work to create this effect in Photoshop. However, I'm sure some of you are wondering why I would do this. 

Here's the answer. 

If you search out other toy blogs, there aren't that many very good ones. Also, if you check many blogs, you'll see that many writers stop after a while, or simple post once a week.  I'm trying to create an excellent blog, but I'm having a problem promoting the blog to attract more viewers. So what I do to "plod on", is to try and motivate myself by continuing to search out great sellers, and try to improve the presentation. 

I have increased readership to about 1000 page views every 3- 3 1/2 days. However, Google Blogger let's in referrer spam and sometimes they spam my blog 75 times a day,  and Google does absolutely nothing to stop this. It can be very discouraging sometimes.It's not that easy, and I've stopped a few times in the 2 years or more since I started.   I'll keep writing and see what happens in the  near future. 

So to everyone who has ever visited my blog, I would like to thank you, and if you have friends who might be interested,by all means, please send them here. And, as I have mentioned in the past, if you have ideas as as to what you'd like me to write, or if you'd like to be on my blog, please write.


So to all of my viewers- old and new,
thanks for dropping by.
And wherever you are,
have a great part of the day or night.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com














No comments: